»

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

BRRRRR......

I'm cold. I'm always cold. And not cold like "It's a little chilly in here." I'm full on freezing, right to the bone, with the goosebumps and icy extremities to prove it. I keep my house at 72 degrees, and no one seems to mind that temperature but myself. As I write this, I'm sitting in my studio wearing (in addition to my usual jeans and sweater) a coat, hat, furry socks, and gloves. Yes... I've even learned to type while wearing fleece gloves! (You just have to keep your fingers flat. It's a lot like txt messaging on my phone... only warmer...)

Jon bought me an electric blanket. It's the dreamiest thing you can imagine... and now I want electric clothes. I want a space heater I can take with me everywhere I go... just for heating my personal space. I want to live someplace warm. The desert. The tropics. The sauna at the rec center. Anywhere that would cause most other people to say, "Dang, it's so hot today!"

I would just smile and say, "Ahhhhhhh....."

4 comments:

Allison said...

I really am sorry you are so cold!! If you cant handle cold out there you would NEVER survive out here!!! And by the way you can't put up Valentines stuff till February! You can't mix holidays!!! hehe!

Glass Dragon said...

Electric clothes!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!

*wipes tears away*

Come here. It feels like it's over 100 degrees outside. And the wind is blowing. Moama is a giant convection oven today. Mmmmm toasty! :P

Deb said...

LOL...I love the idea of electric clothes! I might not be a good thing if you got caught in a rainstorm though! I'm always freezing my butt off too. About this time every year I wonder what I'm doing here! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

WhiteHotTruth said...

hey - thanks for the link love! and I sooo relate --- the longing to be warm and cozy is 24-7 for me.
xo
Danielle