»

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Silly Things

I get these "tag" things all the time on Facebook. I confess, I like them. :) I have always enjoyed quizzes. When I was eight years old, my grandma gave me a book called "All About Me" which was full of questions very much like the ones below. I loved that book, and filled the whole thing out (over 100 pages) in less than a week! I always think of that book when I'm working on these things... I thought it would be fun to share one here.

SILLY THINGS TAG

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Yes... My mom had a high school friend named Cynthia, and both of my grandmothers had the middle name Marie, so I'm Cynthia Marie.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Just this morning, when I read an article about how they are finding the bodies of the people killed in the fires in Australia. I cry a lot, actually... over happy things, or sad things, or anything. :) A good cry is a good thing!

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
I think I write too big and round... like a teenage girl.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
I don't eat meat anymore... I'm a reluctant vegetarian (for medical reasons).

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
TONS! 3 sons, 1 daughter, 3 stepdaughters, and 1 stepson. And, in case you were wondering, eight really is enough!!!

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU
Sure, but we probably wouldn't get time to hang out much.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
What... me? Sarcasm? Never!!! ;)

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
I still have all of my original equipment!

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
I wish I could say yes, but I know I would chicken out at the last second.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Frosted Mini-Wheats

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
I don't usually wear shoes that tie, now that I think of it. If I did, I'm certain I wouldn't bother to untie them.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
A really great vanilla-bean ice cream is my favorite. I know... boring, right? But you can turn vanilla into anything, and I'm a "toppings" girl!

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
It sounds a little airy-fairy, but I think I notice their energy first. I think every person gives off a vibe that would be obvious to anyone who took the time to experience it. Sparkly eyes... I love sparkly eyes. :)

15. RED OR PINK...
Awww... pink!

16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
That it's so difficult to maintain a consistent weight. Frustrating!!!

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My grandmother, who passed away on Mother's Day.

18. WHAT IS YOUR DREAM JOB?
I have wanted to be a professional photographer for as long as I can remember. I have a candid style... photojournalism appeals to me. That would be an awesome job!

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Blue jeans and bare feet.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
A mixed playlist of new releases. I love to check out the new stuff!

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Lavender with iridescent sparkles! I saw one in my daughter's box, and thought, "Perfect!" :)

23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
New babies, any pina colada smell, Christmassy scents (like cinnamon and spices), outside after the rain, the piney smell of my favorite campsite, the ocean, coffee (which I don't drink anymore), fabric softener, bleach (weird, right?), my daughters' freshly washed hair, spiced oatmeal cookies baking... I could go on and on.......

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
My son, Derek, who has his own cell phone now, and loves to call me! How sweet is that?!

25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Very much! Carolynn and I were instant friends many, many years back. (I slashed her carpet up with a razor knife, and she pulled an airplane out of my foot!) I wish we'd had more time to be neighbors and know each other better! I think she's absolutely lovely!

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Ice skating, gymnastics and (shhh....) NASCAR. I know.. weird and inconsistent with pretty much every other thing about me, but I can't help it!

27. HAIR COLOR?
Right now I'm officially "Dark Auburn" :)

28. EYE COLOR?
Hazel

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Yes, and may God bless whoever invented them!

30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Cheese enchiladas, summer fruits, sushi, olives, vegetable soup, jell-o, smoothies, and the occasional naughty deep-fried treat (mushrooms, zucchini, calamari, tempura, fries)

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy endings... or even scary movies WITH happy endings!

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
I don't go very often... I think it was Ghost Town, which was much better than I expected it to be.

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Black, with little rhinestone sparklies.

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer! Bring on the heat!!!

35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Hugs and cheek kisses.

37. HABIT YOU CAN'T GIVE UP?
Hmm... I'm going to have to say caffeine.

38. HABIT YOU SUCCESSFULLY GAVE UP?
I stopped biting my nails in 2002.

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
This will make me sound boring. Last night I started reading The Nicomachean Ethics by Aristotle.

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
It's just black... but it has one of those cool wrist-rest things.

41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
Reruns of "Frasier." Love it!

42. FAVORITE SOUNDS?
Laughter, rain, music, "I love you", the ocean, cats purring, the forest at night, "Thanks, Mom"......

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Beatles. Mick Jagger gives me the creeps.

44. WHATS THE FARTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME?
Japan and Korea, although I'm not sure that counts, since "home" WAS Japan at the time.

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Portrait photography

46 WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
LaJolla (San Diego) California

47. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER?
At a party at my friend's house... where we both showed up with other dates. Oops! ;)

48. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT HIM/HER?
He can fix or make anything... I'm not kidding... ANYTHING!!! He is, hands down, the most talented man on the planet. And he loves me. :)

3 comments:

Glass Dragon said...

An excellent post, but no monkey pictures. I give it an 8 out of 10.

Cyn said...

Shoot... I knew I was forgetting something!

Crystalbell said...

I thought I wrote a comment. But maybe I didn't? I'm retarded sometimes. I wanted to know how you quit biting your fingernails? Your fingernails always look so gorgeous! I would've never guessed you used to bite them. I have the same nasty habit. I have quit a few times, but when I get stressed out first thing to go, fingernails. Any advice would be great.