»

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Little Holiday Self-Deprecation

My Christmas tree is not yet up.

It's true. I'm officially the worst mom in the neighborhood... I may be the worst mom in ten neighborhoods!

I did manage to hang a wreath on the door, another in the entry, and a third over the sofa table in the family room.

BUT, my tree is not yet up... nor is anything else.


I had loads of good intentions, but they never came to fruition. I haven't baked anything, wrapped anything, or spread even an ounce of Christmas cheer. The boxes full of ornaments and holiday brick-a-brack are stacked in the family room, if that counts for anything. No... I don't think it does. Good intentions aren't pretty to look at. Good intentions don't make you feel all warm, fuzzy, and Christmassy inside.


It's hard to find the motivation to put the tree up when you're not feeling Christmassy... and it's hard to start feeling Christmassy until the tree is up.

A holiday paradox.

2 comments:

Glass Dragon said...

I hear ya! It's hard to feel Christmassy over here when it's 90 degrees outside and instead of snow it's locusts drifting on the wind. I hear Christmas songs in the stores and it just feels weird. But I did manage to send out my Christmas cards . . . that I bought to send out *last* year. I suppose that's progress, right? =P

p.s. My verification word is noffogy. Awesome.

Cyn said...

"I'm Dreaming of a Locusty Christmas" would never have been a hit, I'm afraid! Please tell me you don't have to shovel locusts off your front walk in the mornings! :) We got your cards yesterday AND we got our tree up yesterday!!! However, the cards I bought to send out TWO years ago are still on the shelf in my bedroom. Baby steps. :)


PS. My word is unwiglr. Sounds like a device I could have used when my boys were little...